Tuesday 11 August 2009

Third Week Class Exercise (Welt- and Jet Pocket)


This week we learned how to sew a Welt- and a Jet Pocket.















The first picture shows a Jet- Pocket, the second a Welt- Pocket






I just marked the ends of the Welt-Pocket with pins, where I can do the hand- or machine- stitches for attempting the Welt on the Jacket. If the collar not covers the Welt- Pocket, its normal to use hand stitching, depends on which design you want to get.


My pockets I think are not such a good example for these pockets, but I think I am getting better by practising it. Also I figured out, that it depends most on the way you're cutting the edges or corners before ironing.









For Homework we've got to do a variation of one of the Pokets, or an internally stitched Patch Poket. My Variation depended more to the Poket Bag, which i gaved the shape of a Hand - I liked the Idea, that you can put youre hole hand into the Poket - but I think it becomes a little bit tricky to get something back what you have done into this bag.

These are the the instructions, for the internally stitched Pocket - you can't see any seams.






















With kind regards to my course mates !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment